Monday, June 12, 2006
I remember the first time I watched football was in Junior High School at 1998. The Final between Brazil and France was when I lost my virginity of football. With 3 - o winning France, I started to like this game and wondering why haven't I consider this sport as my favourite game to watch? I never watched or even played football before...I remember once when my dad asked me to accompany him watching AC Milan in 1993 and show it to me which one was Marco Van Basten. But I could never seen the beauty, at least after World Cup 1998.

Once I started to like football, I am unstoppable til now. Before World Cup 1998, I used to watch and play basketball as my main sport. I can mentioned all of the starting lineups on NBA Final for 5 consecutive years. Basketball which I always love is now accompanied by football. if I enjoy more when I play basketball, I will enjoy football more when I sit and watch. I learned football history faster than I learned basketball history. In High School, people were even crazier bout football, lot easier homework for me.

First Team:
After several weeks I decided to pick my favourite teams. Easy pick, since my father is a big fan of AC Milan, I thought family tradition must be passed through. Upon that time, AC Milan was a former Seri A Champion, which I put too much hope on them to be maintain their legacy once more. Comin short, It didn't happened really well. Another thoughts came and say that I need a back up team, if the other is not working out.

Second Team:
Manchester United was my next choice. Gained several triumphs with their young squad, I can't pick a better team for me. I loved how they played back then. Ryan Giggs, David Beckham, Japp Stam, Peter Schemichel, Dwight Yorke are some of the names which can't be forget ny Manchester United Fans. I bet no one will ever forget The Battle of Nou Camp, when Manchester United won then treble after defeating Bayern Munich [26 May 2006].

I've talked about my preference in World Cup on the last post. So, I won't bother to tell that again haha. I imagined how football will evolve through time. I wanna know what kind of stadium will they build, what kind of shoes and balls will they invent? What kind of rules will they comin up with? It's interesting to keep it up with it, as long in the future there will no possibility that I will watching football but have human on the field, which all had been computerised or even robotised. People say [translate directly from Bahasa Indonesia]:

The ball is round, you will never know
 
posted by gerry at 6:40 PM
1 Comments:


At Mon Jun 12, 08:21:00 PM, Blogger Jeng Ungu

love ur ending quote =)